Sunday, December 7, 2008

Notre Dame Academy sports: Green House champs


Notre Dame Academy junior section students displaying drill exercises during their annual sports in Patna on Saturday.
Patna, December 7
Green House kept their flag high winning the overall championships title with 521 points in the annual sports meet of the Notre Dame Academy junior section at their home ground here on Saturday.

Red House got the second position with 504 points. Suranjana of Blue House became the individual champion with 21 points to her credit. Blue and Red House were declared joint winners in the march past event.

Earlier, DIG Central Range, Jitendra Kumar declared the meet open. Principal of the school, Sister Sonia presided over the function. Students drawn from various houses displayed an attractive march past and drills during the opening function.

Results:

Class IV and V:

100-m: Suranjana (I), Nidhi (II) and Aishwarya Manish (III).
200-m: Suranjana (I), Sushmita (II) and Sukriti (III).
300-m: Suranjana (I), Sukriti (II) and Alivia (III).
Long jump: Alisha Lakra (I), Nidhi (II) and Khushbu (III).
Discus throw: Khushbu Hora (I), Snehil (II) and Shambhavi(III).
Shot put: Shivani Swaraj(I), Shalini (II) and Nidhi (III).
Javelin throw: Khushbu Hora(I), Ritika (II) and Ankita (III).
Slow cycle race: Shivani(I), Ananya (II) and Anwesha(III).

Class III:
100-m: Priya (I), Patala (II) and Neha (III).
200-m: Vaishnavi(I), Patala (II) and Neha (III).
Class II:
100-m: Sakshi(I), Jasmin(II) and Deepali (III).

Class I
100-m: Sukriti Roy(I), Sakshi (II) and Tanya (III).
150-m: Jasmin(I), Deepali (II) and Skashi(III).
Kabaddi: Red House beat Green House in final.
Kho-kho: Blue House beat Green House

Taxila basketball: Semi-finalists spotted
St Michael’s School, Delhi Public School, Notre Dame Academy and Army School, Danapur booked their slots in the girls’ semi-finals of the Slam Dunk Taxila inter-school basketball championships at DPS, Patna courts here on Saturday.

Earlier, Colonel Manjeet Singh, deputy commandant, BRC, Danapur inaugurated the tournament in a colourful function. The tournament is being organized by Taxila Education Society.

Results: St Dominic’s School beat DAV (Gola Road) 13-12; BD Public School beat DAV (BSEB Colony) 19-17; DAV (Khagaul) beat DPS Patna 20-7; St Michael School beat Loyola School 26-12; DPS (Patna –A) beat St Dominic’s School 26-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment