Saturday, November 29, 2008

Patna Women's College Sports: Anamika sets the track ablaze to emerge champion


Patna, November 28
Anamika Kumari of BA (Part-III) hogged limelight claiming the overall championship title in the annual sports meet of the Patna Women’s College here on Friday. Anisha of B Com. Part-I was declared runner-up.

Anamika set the Women’s College track ablaze winning the 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1500-m race gold medals.

Virtually it was a day for joy for Patna Women’s College girls but the athletic events witnessed a stiff competition among the participants. The battle for the top position was always there as the chief guest and Art, Culture and Youth Affairs Minister Renu Devi said she was very happy to see the overwhelming performance of the students.

Sports minister Renu Devi inaugurated the meet in a colourful function. Students of BA Part I performed dumb bells, BSc I and II students showed various postures of yogasana, Commerce department girls illustrated pom pom, BA Part II girls enthralled the crowd by dandia dance while Vocational course students dished out splendid show of Aerobic exercises.

In teachers’ game, Tanuja Kishore got the first prize, Amarlata Kaur bagged the second spot while Manjari took the third prize.

At the end of the meet Renu Devi gave away the prizes. Colonel Prem Prakash, Sena Medal, Group Commandar. NCC Group HQ, Patna, Professor Dr Syed I Ahson, pro Vice-Chancellor, Patna University and DN Pathak, Assistant Programme Advisor, NSS, Regional Centre, Patna graced the function. Dr Sister Doris D' Souza, Principal, PWC presided over the function.

Results:
Javelin throw: First- Neha Kumari (B Com Part-II); Second- Shrinja (BCA Part-III); Third- Aradhana (BA Part-II).
Discuss throw: First-Shrinja (BCA Part-III); Second- Nidhi (BCA Part-I); Third- Upasana (BA Part-III).
Shot put: First-Neha Singh (BBA Part-I); Second- Nidhi (BCA Part-I); Third- Sonam Jha (BA Part-I).
Long jump: First- Khushboo (BA Part-II); Second- Chitra (IMB Part-II); Third- Shweta Singh (BMC Part-I).
High Jump: First-Neha Kumari (B Com Part-II); Second- Shweta Singh (BMC Part-I); Third- Kumari Shweta Singh (BA Part-II).
Tripple jump: First-Akanksha Verma (BCA Part-III); Second- Shweta Singh (BMC Part-I); Third- Pallavi Sureka (B Com Part-I).
Cycle race: First-Shushma (BA Part-I); Second-Kumari Meenakshi (IMB Part-I); Third- Meghna Jain (BMC Part-III).
4x100 m class relay: First-BCA Part I; Second-B Com Part-I; Third-Vocational Part-I.
Sack race: First-Jasmine Tigga (BBA Part-I); Second-Kumari Shweta Singh (BA Part-II); Third- Aprajita (BCA Part-I).

100 m hurdles: First-Anisha Singh (B Com Part-I); Second- Suman (BA Part-I); Third- Nidhi Kumari (B Com Part-I).
Three legged race: First-Jasmine Tigga (BBA Part-I) & Sonali (BBA Part-I); Second-Jyoti (B Sc Part-III) & Niketa (B Sc Part-III); Third-Suman (BA Part-I) & Setu (BA Part-I).
1500 m: First-Anamika Kumari (BA Part-III); Second- Suman (BA Part-I)); Third- Raj Saraswati (BA Part-III).
800 m: First-Anamika Kumari (BA Part-III); Second-Anisha (B Com Part-I); Third-Suman (BA Part-I).
400 m: First-Anamika Kumari (BA Part-III); Second-Anisha Singh (B Com Part-I); Third-Nishita Jain (B Com Part-I).
200 m: First-Anamika Kumari (BA Part-III); Second-Anisha (B Com Part-I); Third-Guddi Kumari (BA Part-I).
100 m: First-Anamika Kumari (BA Part-III). Second-Anu Rai (B Com Part-II); Third-Khushboo (BA Part-II).
Badminton singles: Akansha (winner). Neha Kumari (runner up).
Badminton doubles: Akansha & Shrinuja (winners). Neha Kumari & Madhumita (runners up).
Carrom singles: Nimisha (winner). Aprajita (runner up).
Carrom doubles: Shipra & Pooja (winners). Anjali & Nimisha (runners up).
Chess: Neha Manjari (winner). Aprajita (runner up).
Table tennis: Gunjan (winner). Madhumita (runner up).

Photo caption: Athletes crossing the hurdles during the Patna Women's College sports meet in Patna on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment