Friday, September 25, 2009

Bihar Open Wrestling: Buxar boy Anand wins gold in 55-kg free-style

Patna, September 25, 2009:
Anand Yadav of Buxar won the free-style title in the 55-kg section of the 54th Bihar State Senior Open wrestling championships at the BMP-5 arena here on Thursday.

In the same weight group, Rohit of Kaimur won the Greco-Roman title.
Abhay Singh, MLA, distributed the prizes.

Results: 55 kg free style: Anand Yadav (1) and Sanjay (Kaimur, II).
55-kg Greco- Roman: Rohit (Kaimur, I) and Madan Lal Yadav (Buxar, II).
66-kg free style: Satyendra Kumar (Bihar Police I) and Ramashish Yadav (Siwan, II).
66-kg Greco- Roman: Santosh Kumar Yadav (Kaimur, I) and Deepu Yadav (Patna, II).
74-kg free style: Mukesh Kumar (Patna I) and Bahadur Yadav (Police, II).
74-kg Greco- Roman: Dhanvir Chowhan (Rohtas, I) and Ripunjay Yadav (Bettiah, II).
84-kg free style: Lala Bahadur (Bihar Police I) and Kaushal Nut (Patna, II).

Photo caption: Medal winners of Bihar State Open wrestling championships display their medals and certificates in Patna on September 24, 2009.

Photo: Aftab Alam Siddiqui

No comments:

Post a Comment