Sunday, June 26, 2011

Khalin Joshi surges ahead on day three

Bangalore, June 23: It was the turn of Bangalore's second lad, Khalin Joshi to shoot into lead on Day three of Toyota Corolla Altis Southern India Amateur Championship at KGA. 18-year-old Joshi who has been reeling under the shadow of prodigy S. Chikkarangappa shot a two-under score for the total of 217 at his home course. Chikka after a dismal performance again is lagging behind Joshi by 2 strokes. Delhi’s Kanishk Madan hit five-over 77 for the total of 221 to finish in third position while Abhijit Chadha ended the day in fourth place along with Rahul Ravi of Bangalore with the total score of 222.

The winner of Bangladesh Open this year, Joshi started the day on a positive note as he hit a birdie on 4th, 8th, 9th, 11th but bogeys on 12th and 18th pegged him back.

Joshi, who is currently no. 2 on IGU’s merit list said, “I am not very happy with the way I played and I think it could be much better. Though, it was great grouping as I always enjoy playing with Chikka and Rahul Ravi but I still need to concentrate a little more if I want to take this title.”

The day brought many twist and turns in Chikka’s game as he carded two-over 74 for the total of 219. Chikka shot a bogey on 2nd, a birdie on 3rd. Another set of inconsistent performance was shown by Chikka on 7th and 8th hole when after shooting a commendable par he double bogeyed. But Chikka did show that he is a quick learner as on the 18th he scored a birdie today as compared to yesterday when he really misfired.

Despite a second place finish on the penultimate day Chikka sounded positive. “My putting was way off the mark again but I know that all golfers suffer from dip in form, and I am sure that I will make a comeback. Also, there is difference of only two strokes between me and Khalin and I like to play with this kind of challenge. I just need to make the early start and play some good shots in the front nine and I will be back in my real game tomorrow for sure.”

Trishul Chinnappa of Bangalore shot four-under as the best score of the day. Another lad from Bangalore ended up with a score of 226, owing to his wayward performance on the first two days.

Photo caption: Khalin Joshi in action in Bangalore on June 23, 2011.

Press Release

No comments:

Post a Comment