Friday, September 9, 2011

Putt Pirates stay on top in second round of PTGL South Zone

Bangalore, September 7, 2011: Putt Pirates Gang stayed on top with the score of 167 –over for the two days total of 1679 in the first day of second round of Puravankara Touché Golf League 2011 at Karnataka Golf Association today. The Vela Warriors Gang carded 151-over along with Jhooj Gara Sangha Gang for the day to take the second spot for the total score of 1702. Jhooj Gara Sangha Gang was one shot behind for the total tally of 1703 to finish in third position.

David D’ Souza brought the cheers back to his Gang (The Vela Warriors) as he shot one-under as the individual best score of the day. D’Souza said, “I am so happy with my score today and I am sure my score will be of some help to my Gang. Actually, I couldn’t digest the fact that I played two-over in the first round and I so much wanted to get back with the performance which gives me a smile at the end of my round and that’s what happened. I am just crossing my fingers for my Gang to be in the contention tomorrow.”

Sunil Vasant who was a part of the leading Putt Pirates Gang hit 15-over, didn’t look very satisfied when he came to submit his score card and explained, “Nine out of 12 players of our gang are from Bangalore Golf Club and play at this club hardly once a year. On top of it, the club is playing very long that my score has gone up than my handicap. Also, we all have been very strict with our game but couldn’t come back with a kind of score we expected. I can only put my eye on the leader board for one more day and hope to get into the cavalry round.”

There were couple of replacements between 11 gangs as a new face named Dhroupadi seen playing in Sultans of Swing Gang. She said, “I came all the way from Phuket to participate so that I don’t miss a chance of having great fun in such tournament. I think it’s a great format where one can switch with other player and all 16 players can be covered in two rounds.”

Press Release

No comments:

Post a Comment