Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Putt Pirates Gang takes lead in the first round of PTGL south zone


Bangalore, September 5, 2011: Putt Pirates Gang emerged as the leader of the day as the top 10 golfers shot 92-over for the total of 792. The most famous and old gang of the Bangalore city called Pin High fired 804 to finish in the second position while Green Warriers Gang ended at third place with the score of 814.

132 golfers of 11 gangs got together to participate in the first round of south zone qualifier at Clover Greens golf course in Bangalore today. It was the first round of this zone where the participants were vying to notch up a place in the cavalry round at Karnataka Golf Association next month. Renuka Phillip who was playing for Sultans of Swing Gang shot consistent pars and scored three-over as the best score among three ladies in the stroke play championship. “I am quite familiar with this golf course as I have played couple of corporate tournaments here and it seems I have done a better job then expected. Now, I am all set to produce another great show in the next round,” Says a smiling Phillip.

The main highlight of the tournament was Ambarish from Birdie Shooters Gang, also a popular Kannada film star who has been playing golf from the age of five said, “Not just golf but I get excited about playing any sport. One thing I like about golf is that it tests my patience and especially gives me a friendly atmosphere when I am not only as a looked upon as film star but also as a friend in the championships like Touché Golf League.”

A former number one amateur golfer, David D’Souza who was a part of The Vella Warriors Gang shot two-over for the day and didn’t look very satisfied. “I have been playing very good golf in the last couple of days but I am very disappointed with my performance today. It’s hard to believe that it took me and my group six hours to finish a round but still I will take it as another bad day in storm clouds and windy condition, “added D’Souza.

12 new gangs will tee-off tomorrow at the challenging Clover Greens golf course.

Photo caption: David D’Souza of The Vella Warriors (top) and Ambarish from Birdie Shooters Gang in action in Bangalore on September 5, 2011.

A Press Release

No comments:

Post a Comment