Saturday, November 7, 2015

Vijender looking for special performance on Irish debut

Dublin (Ireland), November 5, 2015: Indian boxing star Vijender Singh is aiming to thrill the Irish fans’ this Saturday night at the National Stadium in Dublin with another knockout performance. Vijender arrived Dublin this morning with his Indian promoter Neerav Tomar and trainer Lee Beard.

The middleweight ace takes on Nottingham’s Dean Gillen in a four round middleweight contest on the undercard of Irish hero Jamie Conlan, who headlines the show, and big-hitting Jamie Cox who defends his WBO European Super-Middleweight title.

Vijender Singh, 30, destroyed his debut opponent Sonny Whiting inside three rounds last month in Manchester with a devastating display to mark his arrival in the professional ranks following a glittering amateur career that saw him win Bronze at the 2008 Olympics.

Now he’s looking to replicate that exciting showing and attract a new legion of fans in the boxing mad city of Dublin in his second professional fight.

“I’m getting a really good buzz being in Dublin and the city has really taken me in, I can’t wait for Saturday night and give the fans a good night of action,” Said Singh.

“I’ve been over once before after the 2012 London Olympics and trained with the Irish amateur boxing team and I had a brilliant time then, so it’s fantastic to finally return to actually fight here for the first time and show what I can do,”

“This country has many great, great, fighters that have come out over the years and the fans are very knowledgable so they know the real deal when they see it,”

“Steve Collins is one fighter that impresses me very much, his relentless pressure in the ring, his grit and determination and his fire and passion in the ring.  Of course he was world champion at my weight and at super-middleweight which is an amazing achievement to become a dual weight champion and I aim to aspire to his achievements one day,”

“My professional debut was only last month but it seems like ages ago so I’m desperate to get back in the ring and do what I do best, fight and win,”

“I’ll see what Gillen brings to the ring against me.  He’s another challenge so he’ll make me raise my game and perform.  I’ve been in the gym perfecting and improving and I’ll be looking to put on something a little bit special for the Irish fans.”

Press release


No comments:

Post a Comment