Saturday, November 21, 2015

Boxer Vijender Singh meets Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal


New Delhi, November 20, 2015: India's boxing sensation Vijender Singh today met. Sarbananda Sonowal, Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports at his residence. Vijender was accompanied by Indian Boxing Council President Brig. Muralidharan Raja, Monjit Sharma, COO IOS and Rahul Trehan, GM Media & PR, IOS. 

During this meeting Vijender thanked the minister for his support in his professional debut and also discussed about the plans of developing professional boxing in our country. Sonowal assured his full support to Singh. 

Vijender Singh said "I would like to thank sports minister Sarbananda Sonowal for giving me time for meeting today. I thanked him for his continuous support in my professional career. He assured me full support in my future fights and I also discussed with him about our plans of developing professional boxing in India. I am happy that he gave us very positive response for the development of pro boxing in our country".

"I believe that some boxers who are done with their amateur career should now come forward and join professional boxing, its good for their future career. I am ready to support them. I have expressed my concern to minister on the future of amateur boxing in India and he told me that his ministry is taking all necessary steps to support amateur boxers preparing for RIO Olympics" added Vijender Singh. 

Press release


No comments:

Post a Comment